Friday, May 30, 2008
Hello All! I know, I know, it's down right amazing that you are seeing updates to our blog. After you pick yourself up off the floor from falling off your chair in shock, I will tell you a little about what our family has been up to. May was a pretty busy month. (But, really what month isn't ?) Mudge is becoming a pro at eating more baby food. Don't get me wrong, she still loves the milk, but her new favs are applesauce, bananas, mixed green veggies and rice cereal. As you can see in the picts, she really didn't like peaches. She is so expressive! The other night, I tried to give her chicken flavored baby food, and man oh man, she literally gagged and then threw it up! Yup, we got the hint! Won't be trying that again. I can't blame her though, it smelled like nasty, wet cat food. Mudge's other big news is she now officially sits up by herself! She is so proud of herself. Sadly, she is moving past that cuddly stage and now just wants to be busy. Anything within arms reach goes into her mouth. Including, but not limited to, Jax tail, Tink's hair, Grandma's guacamole and many more. Oh boy do we have our hands full on this one! She also claps and waves hi and bye. All day long, I am constantly saying yeah and hi to see her do these cute little actions. Obviously since Mudge joined the fam, Tink has really been into playing mommy and house. You will see that at one point she came in and told Paul and I she had a baby in her tummy. It was very cute, but let's pray to high heaven we don't see that for another 20 years or so! Paul also graduated this month. No, no, you read that right, Paul graduated! We are of course, ecstatic. In honor, Tink and I prepared a special dinner complete with crab, potatoes, garlic cheese biscuits and ice cream cake. (And just to let you know, it was not take out from Red Lobster, I actually cooked it!) Tink helped decorate and we invited my mom and Ali over. Kylie made Paul close his eyes and led him into the kitchen for the big suprise. All she kept saying all night is how daddy won't ever have homework again and now he can play with her forever! Wouldn't that be nice...For graduation, we got a 5th wheel and plan to do some camping this summer. It will be wonderful to have some quality family time without the dreaded homework looming over Paul's head. After graduation came Mother's Day. Paul took the girls out shopping and Tink picked out the biggest basket of goodies for me at Bath and Body. I think it mainly was because it was all pink. Paul also bought me a massage gift certificate. Can never go wrong with that! I, of course, redeemed that the following weekend. Last, but certainly not least, we had Kylie's preschool graduation and final field trip to the zoo. I am so glad that she will be repeating preschool for one more year. I am just not ready for her to go to kindergarten. Can't they just stay little forever? Preschool graduation was great. They sang songs, performed poems and as you can see in the picts, couldn't sit quiet. That's Ky's little friend, Saige, that she is whispering secrets to. Unfortunately, for Ms. Karla, they will be in the same class together again next year! Ms. Karla actually loves them both dearly, and the girls are so good together. After preschool graduation, we took some of Tink's friends and Ms. Karla, and my mom treated us all to Leatherby's! YUM! All in all, May was a great month. Hopefully, my next post won't be 2 months down the road, but don't hold your breath....Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yea!! Congrats to Paul! I know what a mountain that was to climb! Even more congrats on that 5th Wheel. Does that mean you are going camping?? You are more brave than I, although I would if there were a motorhome or 5th wheel involved. Maybe. I would totally think about it! HA!
Post a Comment