Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Big Birthday Bash

So, the birthday weekend was fantastic. Every year on my birthday it's a race to see who will call first to sing me happy birthday, my grandma or my mom. THis year, it was my grandma. Let me just say, they both have voices only family could love, but I sure wouldn't want to have a birthday without their singing! Friday started out with Kylie and Paul giving me the presents they went shopping for. I tell ya, with Paul's help, Kylie has turned into quite the fantastic shopper! I guess that Kylie really wanted to get me something from the "Beach Store" a.k.a Hollister, but after looking through the store unsuccessfully and realizing first, nothing in this store is modest and second, it's all made for 12 yr old bodies, she decided on some lotion that she thought smelled like cotton candy. It actually does smell really good. Next, they visited the Gap where she informed Paul that she really liked what the "statue" was wearing, so they proceeded to buy exactly what she was wearing! It is dang cute too! My fav part of the gift though was a strip of picts that her and Paul had taken in one of those photo booths.
Hollister lotion - $7
Gap outfit - $100
Picts in photo booth - PRICELESS!
Friday night we continued the celebration at a hotel. It has become a tradition for Ali every year, to have my mom get a couple rooms for the grandkids, order pizza and go swimming. This year, cousins Annie and Katie came up with Papa and Grandma, so Kylie had alot of fun playing with them.
Saturday, the party continued when we celebrated Mudge's big #1. We did the whole cake and ice cream routine and of course she got a ton of presents. It really was a fantastic weekend filled with many great memories!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I had no idea it was your birthday...but the more I think about it actually I faintly remember your due date being by your birthday. Oh and tell Ali happy birthday too;)

Ashley said...

How cute, Paul and Kylie shopping together. Your girls are the cutest!

Mandy said...

Don't we wish that we could still fit in those girls clothes still??

Hilary said...

I didn't know it was your birthday!!! Happy Birthday!! Love the birthday shopping story... how cute...