Sunday, October 26, 2008

Please kiss your angels goodnight

I am warning you right now, this is a sad post. I have to express my feelings because it's been on my mind alot. A couple of days ago, my step mom's nephew, had his 17 month old daughter rushed to Primary Childrens. She passed away just a few nights ago. It was all very sudden and from what I understand, it began with just a simple cold. Tonight was their daughter's viewing, and while I didn't go, I am sitting here feeling very sad for these parents who have just lost their baby. I cannot even begin to imagine the agony they must be going through. As I am writing this I am also looking at picts of my girls and I think to myself how blessed I am to have these beautiful little angels. Somedays I forget how blessed I am and then I feel guilty that it takes moments like this to really wake me up. The Lord obviously has his own plan, one that we cannot fathom sometimes. And as painful as it must be for these parents, it's wonderful to know that they have their little girl forever. Anyways, after I heard this tragic news I went in each of my girls' room and I layed with Ky for a little while and then I went into Mudge's room and rocked her for a little while, and thanked my Heavenly Father that he trusted me with these precious little girls. I am really going to try and enjoy each and every moment with my girls. The good and the bad and no matter what, always remember to tell them that I love them and always kiss them goodnight.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

How sad Andrea. I really need to try harder and just enjoy being a mom.

Kristin said...

This made me cry. I can't imagine the pain of losing your baby like that and having to plan a funeral and have a viewing of such a tiny little person. I'm feeling such sadness for you and your stepmom's family. Moments like this always make me appreciate my beautiful family and the comfort that we are together forever.

Melinda said...

I got a little teary eyed, that breaks my heart!! I think it's good for us to have ahh moments and realize what a wonderful blessing the Lord haad intrusted us with!! Your girls are so so cute!! I love all the fall festivities you have been up to!! I wish we lived close we could have a party ever day!! I miss ya!

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

I was good friends with Brian in highschool. I heard about that and it just broke my heart. I cant even imagine what and how you would really get over something that dramatic. I am so glad I checked out your blog and read this post, it is such a good reminder for me.