Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

Yup-that's right. I spent the weekend in Vegas! It was my first official trip without my kids and my husband. This past weekend, my mom and I took off for 3 full days o' fun! We went shopping for 2 straight days, went to 2 great shows and ate some seriously awesome food. Now as much fun as I had, I am soooo grateful to be back home! It got old being around all that materialism and being away from my fam. The best part definately was coming home. When I drove into the driveway the image I saw will be a favorite memory of mine forever and ever. There in Ky's bedroom window, I saw the shadows of Paul standing holding Mudge and Ky jumping up and down. Can I just say, knowing that I was missed for if only a moment, makes my heart smile more than I could ever imagine! I guess absence does make the heart grow fonder!

8 comments:

Fairbank Family said...

How fun for you!!! I would LOVE that kind of a get away. I haven't been in years. I agree, it's great to come back home to your family. :)

Hailey said...

That sounds like a blast! That is one of the sweetest things i've ever heard about coming home to your family. I feel that way when I get to come home to Josh and I'm sure it will be like that with the baby soon!

Kristin said...

Shazam!! How fun to go with just your mom. Vegas rocks!

Kristin said...

oh just a heads up. the FAA is suing people that have playlists on their blogs so don't put one on. took mine off my blog.

Ashley said...

Yay for you! How fun would that be?! I bet if felt so wonderful to see how much you were missed.

shel said...

You are an amazing mommy!!

Melinda said...

THat is so awesome you got to play in Vegas! BUt I totally now what you mean about missing your kids! WHen we left Mikell and went to Flordia....I didn't know I could miss someone that much:) When are we going to play at the cabin????

Melinda said...

THat is so awesome you got to play in Vegas! BUt I totally now what you mean about missing your kids! WHen we left Mikell and went to Flordia....I didn't know I could miss someone that much:) When are we going to play at the cabin????