Thursday, February 12, 2009

It is what it is

So (big sigh), I took Mudge to the uriologist today. Final diagnosis: antibotics for a year and monthly urine samples and possible future surgery for her 2 ureter thing. He said, while the two ureters isn't that uncommon, her's is a little different due to the anatomical nature of it. We'll know more in a year if surgery is a must. The sucky part is the monthly urine samples. The little urine bags they give you are pointless (as my friend Cindy knows) and so if that doesn't work she will have to get a catheter every month! Seriously! That should be a good time for everyone! I feel so bad for her! Anyways, I know it could be much, much worse. So, I am not really complaining just a little bummed it didn't turn out to be nothing. It is what it is.

6 comments:

Carmen said...

Bummer. Sorry to hear that this has to go on and on and on.......But Mudge is a fisty one - she will handle it. And you're right, it is what it is.

JDD said...

Sheesh!! Antibiotics for a whole year? I feel so bad for poor little mudge:(

JDD said...

Sorry it's really Kristin. I'm signed in under Josh's name.

Hilary said...

I'm glad you got answers and directions and know what's going on and what to do about it. Good luck with it, Andrea!

Nettie! said...

I'm so sorry to hear that...I guess it could be worse and trials do make you stronger...I know it breaks your heart when it's your child and not you though! (I go thru that a lot with Audrey's scoliosis - she has to wear a back brace 20 hours a day!)

Mandy said...

My good friend Stacy has a 2-y-o that has the same thing, but has been on antibiotics her whole life so far! I had never heard of this either until Mudge, but now I'm hearing more people with it! I would hate to wait a whole year just to have surgery- especially with all those dang urine samples! You are a strong woman. Love you!