Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Status Update
I took Mudge to the Dr. today, and as some of you may have noticed, I haven't really talked any more about her being sick. I guess I didn't want to jinx things-call me superstitious. They did some more blood work on her which I will find out the results today or tomorrow. However, on Friday, I have to take her into to get an ultrasound and a VCG. Don't ask me what it stands for, but the Dr. explained it to me. Basically they have to put in another catheter and fill up her bladder with iodine? I don't fully understand it, but all I do know is that he said it's standard procedure for a child who has had a severe UTI like Mudge and it's checking to see if there is any damage to the kidneys or if reflux is present. So, Mudge has to suffer more. Paul can't go with me either because of work, so I'm on my own for this one. I'm continually praying that all is and will remain o.k. Maybe I am being over dramatic, but this whole thing has really stressed me out. I haven't dared weigh myself, but guessing by the amount of chocolate I've eaten lately, I've probably gained at least 5 lbs! Thank you to everyone who has been so thoughtful and concerned about her. We really appreciate your support!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
If you need someone to go with you for support just give me a call!! Or if you need to have me take Ky it's no problem:) Good luck with everything and we'll keep her in our prayers!
Good luck! Thanks for the update!
Wow, this whole thing is a big ordeal. Poor little girl. I would be happy to go with you too. Good luck.
Good luck and remember that kids are so resilient...she probably won't be effected at all. Of course, you will be traumatized for a good long while ;) ...so you have permission to eat all the chocolate you want!!
I am so sorry about little Sadie! I'm praying that everything turns out fine! It's crazy that our little girls are going through the same thing, just know that the hospital was great with Kamryn and hopefully they'll tell you the results right there like they did w/ me so you don't have to fret anymore, I feel for you! Hey, I would LOVE to watch Kylie...Jordyn has begged for a playdate (and, no, I'm not too busy, the more the merrier. Good luck!! You are in our prayers!
Post a Comment