As much as I want to bang my head on the wall most days,the girls still find ways to make me smile and laugh. With Mudge nearing the 18th month mark, she all of the sudden seems so grown up! I can tell her almost anything and she understands and even replys with a "K" as if she was saying "O.K, I got it." Her and Ky play so great together most days. Other times, Ky is trying to boss her around and Mudge screams at the top of her lungs! Seriously, she sounds like a tea kettle when it's whistling! (That's when the banging of the head against the wall begins) My mother-in-law gave me some great advice one day, she said that if she needed some peace and quiet she used to lock herself in the bathroom. Well, the bathroom has become my second office. Whenever I am trying to make a phone call, I head for the bathroom. At least I know I'll be able to get through a conversation without the tea kettle going off. (Or at least hearing it go off) Speaking of bathrooms, (nice segway huh?) the other day I was giving the girls a bath. Our routine is I always wash Ky's hair first and then I get Mudge into the tub. Mudge while patiently waiting for her turn, throws every bath toy we have and then when those run out she goes for shampoo bottles, lotion, clothes, etc.(all the while Ky is trying to dodge a thud in the head). I always have to try and hold her back with my elbow while washing Ky's hair because a few times she almost took a tumble. Well, this was that day! Mudge was bending over too far and went head first into the tub. I quickly grabbed her out and as Mudge was trying to catch her breath, Ky and I just sat there in stunned silence waiting for the inevitable cry. However, looking at her standing there with her hair matted to her forehead and her clothes dripping wet still trying to figure out what happened, I just burst out laughing! Ky obviously followed and then Mudge started laughing. Then I started laughing even harder because Mudge thought it was so funny! I wish I had a camera to get a pict but I didn't dare leave her to grab one.
*After this post, Paul and I were talking one night about Mudge's high pitch squeal and he came up with an ananlogy that is tons better than my tea kettle. Have you ever been watching the Discovery channel and saw the screeching monkeys? Well, that's EXACTLY what Mudge sounds like! I died laughing when Paul brought this up, it was too perfect! I can only hope some of you are blessed to hear the screeching sounds of our little monkey someday!*
4 comments:
I have to laugh because Hallie likes to help me wash my hair when I am in the bath (tmi?) and there have been many close calls. I know one day she's going to fall in! I am just waiting for it. Cute post!
That made me laugh so hard!! The fact Sadie was laughing is hysterical!!
That's so funny! Your girls are adorable!!
Thanks for the laugh! I love bath time, always an adventure. Ky and Sadie are so adorable. It's been fun to see them with your mom Saturday mornings working out at the church. Ky is soooo sweet with Sadie...I love watching them together! We have to get the girls together soon, after we get rid of the goobers at our house
Post a Comment