Friday, May 29, 2009

Here comes the sun...

As the weather has FINALLY started to warm up here, we have tried to take advantage of it as much as possible (we've even planted our first garden)! The last few weeks the girls have been spending their days in the backyard in their pool and on the slip n' slide. Mudge obviously doesn't do it, but she has fun playing in the water. Ky on the other hand goes at lightning speed and poor Mudge has been like a bowling pin more than once. We also took a trip to our local zoo. The kids love going there and this time we went with one of Ky's favorite friends, Taylor. They are so cute together! Taylor told Ky that she was his favorite girlfriend! How stinkin' cute is that?! Mudge couldn't get over the goats. We got some food for them so the kids could feed them and every time a goat would eat one out of her hand, Mudge would just giggle and giggle! It was so fun to watch!
Over Memorial weekend, Paul, the girls, me, my mom and Ali took off to Island Park for a quick getaway. I always love going there and everytime I'm there I have a hard time coming home. It's just so relaxing up there! The first day we were there it rained like crazy. We took a quick minute when the rain let up to try and get some fishing in on a kid's pond, but no fish were biting and it started raining again. Then some guy got his truck stuck, so poor Paul stood out in the rain for the next hour and a half helping him get unstuck. We, at one point, had to go track down a tow rope to get the truck out. It really turned out to be quite the project. The next day the weather was better, so while Paul was fishing, the girls, my mom, Ali and I all took a walk and enjoyed the sunshine. Later we took the girls 4 wheeling. Mudge couldn't get enough of it. I took turns taking each girl around the cabin and Paul said when Ky and I would take off, Mudge would come running as fast as her little legs could carry her trying to catch up. Anyways, here's to the beginning of summer and hopefully lots more sunshine to come!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the slideshow!

Hilary said...

what cute pictures!

Carmen said...

I love your blog! Keeps me caught up on your beautiful girls. When you talk about Ky and Taylor, it makes me think of Chris and Bri. They have been friends since they were 2. And I am sure that was just yestereday. Enjoy those girls, time is flying......

Kristin said...

HAHA!! I'm down sno cones anytime baby!!

Fairbank Family said...

We need to have the girls over to play on the next day of sunshine! Call us, seriously! We'd love it and it looks like I'll be in my houe for another month or so.