Friday, May 1, 2009

Our Vacation

So our cruise was sooooo fun! Other than I missed my kiddos immensely I would go back today and take them with us! It was so great to be away from things for a week and have nothing to do but play in the water and enjoy the sun. Here are some of our picts. We have alot more on an underwater camera, but I am not ambitious enough to scan them and put them on the blog. So for now, this will have to do. The picts don't even do it justice. It was amazing! Our first port was in Cozumel. (Yes, I am nervous I got the swine flu! lol) We took the day and went to the ruins at Tulum. Other than it was hotter than hell (literally) and it took us FOR-EV-ER to get there, it was pretty cool. When we were there, we met a guide who was LDS and started talking to him. Since we had already been ripped off by a couple of the locals there, it was refreshing to meet a decent person! Our next port was in Belize. I don't have any picts because that's the day we went snorkeling. It poured down rain until we got there and then it was a beautiful day after that. Paul and I loved it! After that, we were taken to a private beach that was made entirely out of sea shells. It was gorgeous! We were specifically told not to take home any shells, but Paul snuck a few for Ky to have. (Shhhh) She thought they were pretty cool. Our third port was in Roatan, Honduras. We took a sea kayak adventure out to the second largest barrier reef and a 50 year old shipwreck. Paul wouldn't want me to tell you this, but I thought it was sweet. When we went out to the barrier reef, we walked in the water part of the way. An elderly guy, didn't have the right shoes to go walking in the water, so Paul gave up his. You wouldn't think that it was that big of deal, but we weren't walking along white sand beaches. The barrier reef is very rough and has alot of pokey sea creatures. It's a wonder Paul didn't seriously slice his feet open. Later he told me, his feet never have hurt that bad, but the whole time, he didn't say a word. All because of my thoughtful hubby, the old man got to enjoy the reef with his wife. After the kayaking we went to hang out on another white sandy beach where we find a beautiful starfish and I got to feed some sharks and turtles! So fun! Our last stop was in Grand Cayman where we got to snorkel with stingrays! If I do post a pict from our underwater camera, this will have to be the one! These stingrays were so cool! The guides were great at explaining and helping anyone who wanted to hold one. Paul and I both took a turn and it was something I will never forget! So that's a recap of our vaca! Like I said, it was pretty amazing and every time we have crappy weather here (which is every day) I wish I was back on the beach! Sigh.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow Andrea! How beautiful! I want to see more pictures so go pull out your underwater camera and get scanning ;) Seeing this makes me realize how much I need a vacation. I'm officially jealous!