Friday, October 16, 2009

Let the games begin!

Drumroll please.....Mudge went potty on the toilet! Yipeeeeee! Let me just say that I don't really believe in potty training. Why you ask? Ky was so easy that I didn't have to really train. Just a few prompts here and there and boom she was done. I really didn't even have to deal with accidents. That being said, I'm reallllllly hoping Mudge is the same way. So for about 2 months I've had her little potty out hoping that she'll just watch the rest of us and then sit down and go. A few times, we've sat her down on it but with no results. I've started holding out on giving her dum-dums only for those glorious moments of when she actually goes. To send the point home, I went potty the other day and rewarded myself with a sucker. Paul went and then he got a sucker. Mudge did not go and did not get a sucker. She was NOT happy about that! Yesterday morning, she woke up and her diaper was pretty dry so I asked her if she wanted to go on the potty. She said yes, ran into the bathroom with her cute little cheeks, sat down and she went! She stood up and said, "I a big girl!" She never went on the potty the rest of the day, but hey it's the little steps that count.

4 comments:

Carmen said...

Could she be any cuter......... NO! But one question - Did she ask for a sucker?

Ashley said...

That's awesome! I have no desire to even start potty training Hallie yet. Is that bad? Every now and then she will say "I go potty too" when I am going but that is about all the interest she has. Maybe I should bite the bullet and just do it!

shel said...

Way to go, mUdge! I'm with you...I think we make too much of potty training as parents. Maybe I was just lucky. Good luck!!

Mandy said...

So cute! I am NOT looking forward to that stage. Or the teething stage for that matter.