Tuesday, January 5, 2010

December's Whirlwind

It is amazing to me that December came and went as fast as it did! I'm sort of sad it's all over and I feel like I watched it on fast forward. The past month was super busy with dance and singing recitals, making gingerbread houses, preparing for Santa and all the good stuff that comes with Christmas. We decided to stay home for every Christmas holiday from now on and this year was so fun to be able to begin having some of our own family tradtions.On Christmas Eve day we had a laid back day making treats for santa, went to the movies to see the Chipmunks sequel and topped it off with dinner at Texas Roadhouse. That night in preparation for Santa, we decorated cupcakes for him and then Ky and Paul set out to form an elaborate plan to catch Santa in Paul's office. Truth be told, the plan was pretty ingenius and truly had Ky worried. But much to our dismay, we did not catch santa. Santa turned the trick on us and left the girls' stockings in the office. Christmas morning was so fun and probably my favorite Christmas up to this point. Watching the girls so excited is what it's all about. After opening all the presents, Paul made us a huge breakfast and then we settled down to watch "UP". That night we decided to go to the visitors center which I thought was a great way to end Christmas day. We watched a short movie on Christ's birth and the girls sat in awe at the huge statue of Christ. To make the day complete, we went and saw the house I like to call the Grizwalds of I.F. It's the most amazing house lit up and coordinated to music. So fun! After Christmas, all of Paul's family (except one brother and his family...we missed you Scott, Jill and Sam!)came to visit us and stayed at our house for a few days. All the kids had a blast and so did we! So without further delay, here is a million picts of the last month...

1 comment:

Hilary said...

what cute pictures! Kylie's hair is getting so long! She's looking so grown up! Glad you had a great Christmas!