Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Big Step!


I knew the day would come when I would have to transition Sadie into a big girl bed. I am what you call a procrastinator. She had started taking it upon herself to get out of her crib in the morning. Let's just say I am grateful we didnt have to visit the ER. I decided I have to bite the bullet and take down the crib before she kills herself. However, then she didn't want to have anything to do with her new bed except to play in it. So then, I had to put up the pack n' play in her room because there was a shorter distance to fall than her crib. Until one particular morning. The little you know what has never been a great sleeper and it seems like it just progressively has gotten worse. Well, the night before she woke up at around 2 am and then again at 5:30 am and when I wouldn't take her out of the pack n' play to rock her she threw a fit and hurled herself out of it. At that point, Ky was wide awake wondering why she was hearing shrill screaming and the stream of profanities coming from my mouth. I sure wish they made Ambien for 2 year olds. Shortly after all of this, I read a post on my SIL blog about how her 18 month old is now in a big bed and doing wonderful. I'm now feeling guilty and lazy at the same time that Sadie is still in the pack n' play. After our trip to Utah, I decided that it was time to just take the big step and I put the pack n' play away and told her it was time to sleep in her big girl bed. I turned on her night light and besides the few times she gets up right at bed time, she is sleeping AWESOME! In fact in the morning, she comes wandering out and will come find me and then gives me a big squeeze and says, "Good morning mama, I sleep good!" Knock on wood...I don't want to jinx myself but I'm pretty proud of my little one! I didn't in a million years think it would go this well. BTW she made me take this pict of her in her bed. She was so proud of herself!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

she cracks me up! just so ya know, i'd still have paige in a pack n play if she hadn't figured out how to climb out of it! it's so much easier to have them behind bars:) this next kid will definitely be in a crib for a long long time!