Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Fashionista
Last week at Kylie's school, they let them dress up as their favorite book character. My first thought was FANCY NANCY! I love, love, love these books! Ky was not so excited however. She has always liked the books, but recently she has decided she is a little too mature for Fancy Nancy. I'm gonna be honest, if I had a chance to dress up as Fancy Nancy, I would totally do it! I think she's adorable. However Ky really wanted to dress up as some Barbie character. I convinced her it wasn't a real book character but what I wanted to tell her and obviously didn't was Barbie is LAME and so unoriginal! She then wanted to dress up as a puppy. Didn't have a book to base it on, just thought it would be fun. I think she was missing the point. I explained it wasn't Halloween, but she wasn't convinced. By then we were at school, so I told her I would go home and look for a costume so she'd would be all set for the next day. I immediately drove home and pulled out the entire Fancy Nancy concoction I had been secretly plotting since we got the memo from school. When I saw it all laid out on her bed, I rejoiced because I knew there was no way any 6 year old could say no to my creativity. When she got home, I didn't say a word and I just let her go in her room to find her surprise. Instead I heard, "Moooooooom. What's this on my bed?" I took a deep breath and went in her room to try and convince her to be my little doll. I had to pull out all the stops and tell her I would even let her wear some makeup and I'd paint her nails if she would dress up like Fancy Nancy. Slowly, ever so slowly, I saw a smile creep across her face, and then she exclaims, "Mom, I love it!." Whew! You have to admit she looks stinkin' adorable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So darling!!! I love that Kylie :)
love it!! i love that she is too mature now for fancy nancy. you know secretly deep down inside she was so excited to play dress up in that for a day!
She looks perfect! Fancy Nancy is my favorite!! Isn't it nice that we can still convince our children to do things we want. Won't last for long!
She definately does look cute.
Post a Comment