Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Snow Day

For FHE, my dad had asked us to bring the girls out so we can take them sledding. They live up on a hill so when he mentioned it, I thought that's exactly what they would be doing - sledding down the hill in the back yard. I should have known better. Farmers always have to rig up there own invention.






I rode in the tractor with my dad and I wish I would have thought to pull out my video camera. Watching the girls was priceless! They had the biggest grins on their faces. Paul was helping them stand up so they were getting some practice balancing like they were snowboarding. A few times they almost tipped it which they thought was hilarious. However, I don't know who had more fun, them or my dad. After making a few loops in the field, they wanted to stop and play in the snow. There's something so enticing to little kids about a whole field full of snow that is completely untouched. They had a blast tramping through it making paths, snow angels and having snow ball fights. Sadie kept getting mad because she would get stuck and thought she couldn't move. After that we went back to my dad's for yummy spaghetti and the best zucchini bread I've ever tasted! Thanks for such a great night Papa C and Grandma Marie! We love you!


3 comments:

Ryan & Hayley said...

So much fun! When I was little we got to be pulled on sleds behind a tractor. I will never forget how much fun we had! We don't even know what snow is down here. Haven't seen it since December.

shel said...

This looks like the perfect day!!

Well, almost perfect....perfect would be no snow and all sunshine...but, you know...close ;)

Kristin said...

how fun! i love little kids in their snowsuits!

funny thing about the pic on my blog. my mom did them and when she told me her idea of hanging tay upside down i thought she was crazy, but it totally turned out so cute and portrays our real life.