Monday, June 7, 2010
Kylie's Activites in May
I know, you're probably falling over in shock that I actually did a post. Let me just warn you that this is only the 1st of 6 posts coming your way. However, this is by far the longest. Kylie certainly kept us busy with all her activities. Our crazy month started off with Kylie's performance with her singing group-Tavaci. She loves to sing and each year she comes more and more out of her shell up on stage. It may seem surprising to some that she is shy up there on stage because she really isn't normally shy AT ALL! However,for some reason she gets a little stage fright. The following week, she had the first of two dance recitals. Her little ballet class was part of the Alice in Wonderland production and she was in a scene with a bunch of flowers. It was really cute, but ballet is not her favorite. She would much rather do jazz. Something a little more energetic. Her second dance recital was with her dance club from school. I was really hesitant to let her join this because how many activities does a 6 year old need? But most of her friends from Kindergarten were joining, so she begged me to let her do it. I was really glad we did, because I love her teacher. She is much more about dance being fun, rather than strictly technique and let me tell you, these dances were so stinkin' cute! Kylie absolutely loved it! Needless to say, we are going to continue with this dance teacher for at least the next year. Ky's whole attitude towards dance changed because this teacher made it fun! Following all of these fun filled activities came Ky's Kindergarten Graduation. The school did a great job with the program. Each child got to choose an occupation that they wanted to be someday and then they had to learn a little poem to go along with it. At first, Ky had chosen a veterinarian, which is totally fitting for her. She looooves animals. We had pretty much learned her part and then one day, her teacher called and said Ky was in tears because she didn't want to be that. She had changed her mind and decided she wanted to be a homemaker. That was fine, but when I asked her later why she changed her mind she said it was because she didn't want to work on animals in a hospital like a vet, she wanted to go out in the forest and the ocean and work on animals there. She was upset because she didn't know how to explain that to her teacher. So she settled on a homemaker, I asked her if she was happy with that and she said yes because that is what I was and besides working with animals she definitely wants to be a mom. Whew! I'm glad we got that all worked out! She did a great job with her part and loved wearing an apron and taking along a baby doll.As all mom's know nothing brings greater joy then to watch your child learn, grow and excel. I just wish they didn't have to do it so quickly! As much fun as it was to watch her at all of these functions, I got a little emotional thinking of how much she has grown up! I cannot believe she is going to be in First grade! At least I have the summer to wrap my head around that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
i love ky!!! she's the sweetest thing:) i think it's so cute that she was a homemaker. are you guys doing white pine again next year?
What a great post. I have been watching for your pictures from all the "May" events. Cute cute girls. Special family. Love you all.
Post a Comment