Wednesday, July 21, 2010
4th of July and then some....
It's official. I don't think I've ever been this behind on blogging. I guess the best place to start is 4th of July. We decided to play it low key this year and took the girlies up to I.P for some quiet relaxation. We went fishing, took some nature walks, roasted hot dogs and smores and had our own little fireworks show in the driveway. It was a nice little break. We've also been staying busy with swimming lessons. We've already had one 2 week session and now we are on our 2nd 2 week session. The girls absolutely love it and have become such great swimmers. Kylie is learning how to do the breast stroke, diving and perfecting her back stroke. At first Sadie was a little hesitant to put her face in the water and float on her back but not any longer! She is so comfortable around water that I've had to jump in the pool twice (with my clothes on) because she doesn't watch where she is going and steps in over her head! Scary! However, it barely phased her! Sadie is also now officially potty trained! Whew! I can't believe it's done! At bed time we still wear pull-ups but other than that I think we're in the clear. It's been a long haul mainly because I was being kind of lazy about it, but I finally buckled down and within a few days it was done! YIPPEE! She is so proud to be in big girl panties and I'm so proud of her! We've tried to keep Kylie busy this summer with swimming and dance but we decided to also let her venture into the business world. We have a little candy machine at our laundry mat and we have let her take it over as her own little business. She loves it! She named her company Blossom's Candy and my mom's secretary even made her cute little business cards! Paul takes her to Sam's Club to buy the candy and we've already had the talk with her about saving money for tithing, her savings account, money to buy more candy for the machine and then her own spending money. She's done remarkably well with it and is making more money than any 6 year old should probably be making. Paul and I joke around that we might have to start charging her rent! I think the whole concept is good for her and she's very particular about what she spends her money on now. Besides that, Kylie is pretty good about coming up with things to entertain her and Sadie. The other day, she had the idea to have a family tea party.She was very specific that we all had to wear our pajamas and then she brought her princess china tea set out, got her cd player so we could dance, prepared our snacks (Gushers and fruit snacks) and then we concluded it all with a pillow fight. All in all it's been a busy and fun summer but I think everyone will be ready for school to start again in 5 or 6 weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Dear Kylie,
Hi!!
Remember me? That's right...your dear cuz-in-law-once-removed. (or something like that...I don't really know how all that works.)
Anyways...just wondering...
Can I have a loan????
Sincerely,
Shelley
P.S. Cute pictures!
Glad to see you're back on the blog. I've missed your updates. Hope you're well!
6 more weeks til school? Brendan and Annie start tomorrow! YIKES!
Love, love to see all the pix. Those girls are so darned full of personality. xoxo
it was so great to see you at Sawyer's blessing! thanks so much for coming.
i love kylie's little business venture:) she is such a sweetheart and such a good girl.
sadie is so adorable! yay for potty training!! i miss hanging out with you. let me know if you wanna get together before school starts.
You guys are AWESOME!! What a cute idea for Ky to earn some money and I can just see her lovin' it!! Sounds like it's been a crazy busy summer with lots of fun adventures? How are you feeling?? I saw your cute girls with your mom the other night! I can't beleive how much Sadie has grown. They are the cutest!
Loved the 4th of July Pics and I even love to go back over the old ones - I've definitely got the cutest grandchildren anywhere. Keep fishin' and keep smiling. Love you Much!!
Post a Comment