Well, to kick off the summer, as many (or all) of you know, we found out we are expecting our third little one! I am half way through my pregnancy and for the most part have felt o.k (thanks to a little drug called Zofran). Before we officially found out we were pregnant, my first indication was how dang tired I was. Seriously, I could not stay awake for anything! In fact, one day on my way to pick up Ky from school, I fell asleep at a stoplight! The only thing that woke me up was the car LAYING on their horn behind me and then eventually flying past me with a not so nice gesture coming out the window. Anyway, we are obviously very thrilled and a bit nervous for our third. Well, I'm nervous, everyone else is just excited. We are not going to find out the sex on this one and just wait for the ultimate surprise. I know there are some people out there that are not too fond of this but I figure you're never truly surprised in life so why not?
Another big moment was Ky finally learned how to ride her bike without training wheels! She's had them off for awhile and my mom would try and help her and I would try and help her and finally Paul took her to the park one day and BAM she got it! I was pushing Sadie on a swing from across the park, fully not expecting Ky to pick it up that fast, (nice faith in my child, right?) but all the sudden I look up and she's doing it! I have to admit, I started crying right there while pushing Sadie on the swing. It was one of those moments as a parent where you realize how fast your child is growing up and though you are proud of her you wish she was back just learning how to walk. I quickly got Sadie out of the swing and hurried as fast as I could to meet Paul and Ky. As Ky got closer and closer to me on her bike all I could see was this big BEAMING smile! I don't think I've ever seen her happier! For the rest of the time at the park all we did was watch Ky speed around on her bike while Sadie either was chasing her on foot or desperately trying to keep up with her on her tricycle. Sadie also became a little expert on her tricycle. So now we have 2 little cruisers!
The girls also perfected their swimming skills. Looking back from when they started they both learned so much! Sadie can now use one of those little paddle boards and paddle from the steps in the shallow end all the way to the diving board! It was crazy to see because she looked so tiny doing it and I have to admit I got a little panicky every time thinking of her letting go. It's dumb because the teacher was right next to her, but I am a tad over protective. Sadie also can now swim under water. When she steps off the ledge, she kind of just sinks but then you see her little arms and legs kicking and pretty soon her head comes out of the water!
Ky is seriously just a natural. Her teacher said she's at least 3 years advanced for her age. She now knows 4 different strokes, can dive off the diving board and has learned how to do a flip turn in the water. I can't even do that! And she does it all with such great ease!
During the last few days of summer we squeezed in some official library time where Ky scored her first library card. She was so excited to get it! We also did a little horseback riding. My crazy mom promised Ky when she was 8 she would get her a horse so now Ky has a mild obsession with horses. Anyway, my mom's neighbor from next door has a few horses and she has let Ky come down to ride a few times. This time Sadie got to ride for the 1st time but I think her favorite part was just feeding the horses.
Now with all the craziness of after school activities starting again, I'm sure you won't see another post for quite awhile.
4 comments:
Wow! You've guys have been busy! That's awesome that Ky learned to ride a bike--I love it when the training wheels come off! And, wow, what good little swimmers. I sure wish my kids would be a little more brave in the water--your kids are amazing! I'm so glad you are feeling good but sorry that you have been so tired, that had to be pretty scary falling asleep at the stop light! I'm so excited that you guys aren't finding out what you are having. It is seriously the BEST experience at the hospital when you are waiting in anticipation to find out. Oooooh....the thought of it gets me so excited for you guys. What is the due date??? Anyway, I also loved the little story about Ky and Heavenly Father giving her special powers. What a sweet little thing--you and Paul are such great parents and, she is just a great little girl! I seriously miss you guys--we should do lunch one of these days, even if it was just McDonald's so the kids could play and we could visit. Give me a call!
Not ALL of us knew! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
What exciting news for you. I'm glad you have discovered Zofran. It definitely made my second pregnancy bearable. (did I just say bearable?...that seems like some kind of childbirthing pun :)
Anyway...sorry, this isn't about me :) We're so happy for all of you!!!
your girls are the cutest!! sounds like you had a fun and busy summer:) it was so awesome to see you today! i'll give ya a call next week before tay gets his tonsils and adenoids out.
I think it is so fun you guys aren't finding out what you are having. Congrats again! You sure keep yourself busy with the fun activities you have your girls in. What a fun mom you are! We need to get together sometime...soon.
Post a Comment