Saturday, April 16, 2011

7 heading for 8

Another big event that took place in the last couple of months was Ky's 7th Birthday. She chose again to have it at Blast Off which is great with me. Let the kids run wild and other people get to clean it up! She invited mostly friends from school and then her three cousins came up to celebrate with us. This year at Blast Off they had a face painter so most of the kids opted for the face painting. Some passed on it which I thought was a little strange. I mean you're only a kid once, right? Anyway, I think Ky had a great day. She wanted a horse themed party which was no surprise. We'll probably end up having the same theme next year since that's when my mom promised to get her a horse. That's going to be a big one. All in one birthday she gets baptized, her ears pierced and a horse! Phew! Imagine that post :) For her family party we did it simple and she chose to have breakfast for dinner & rootbeer floats at home. I think Ky turning 7 was a pretty monumental birthday though. This past year I think I saw more changes in her than ever before, so here's to you Ky....












Dear Ky,
For some reason each and every birthday that you have gets more and more bittersweet for me and I tend to get a little emotional when I'm alone in my thoughts about my first born. Maybe it's because with each birthday I see how you're growing up so fast. Too fast in fact and this past year was no exception. You had many firsts this year. You lost your first tooth and then your second, third, fourth and now you're on your way to 8! You had your first trip to Disneyland, learned to ride your bike, tried your hand at Karate and are now learning how to sew and play the violin. It's almost like I've watched your little brain go into overdrive. You've developed a love for reading and can barely wait to finish one book so you can move onto the next. You still can't learn enough about any sort of animal or wildlife for that matter and you've become quite the little artist. You love to write and illustrate these mini novels which I've convinced myself will be worth millions someday (at least to me). You have this incredible zest for life and I love that you're not afraid to try new things! You are more and more a social butterfly. In fact this year you almost had your first sneaking out experience. That's a story for another time, but we'll just say that thank goodness you're still innocent enough to tell your dad your plans and your sneaking out turned into an adventure with Grandma instead. I am also still receiving random phone calls from your little friends at school whom you plan these play dates and parties with and forget to tell me.

While I see the first sign of the dreaded tween years up ahead, you're still this vivacious little girl, who all too often acts like a gross little boy. You can make sounds come out of your little body like nobody's business and you laugh like it's the funniest thing to ever occur. While I think it's repulsive and I nag you incessantly about it, all at the same time I know it's still proof that you're just this little girl who enjoys life and I don't ever want that to change. Well, maybe the disgusting parts, but not the fact you love to laugh and find joy in even the smallest things. One day when I'm the last person you want to see or talk to, I will long for the days you were this precious (sometimes foul) little girl. Above all you are an incredibly loving, fun, creative, patient, wonderful daughter and person in general. I watch you interact with your sister who adores you more than life itself and though you sometimes antagonize her I can't say she doesn't deserve it. You have this way of already being so motherly and I see it not only with Sadie but your new little baby brother as well. You're always eager to help and entertain in anyway possible. I also watch you with your Aunt Ali and your cousin Kristen and I see this amazing Christ like love just emulating from your beautiful little face. Yes Kylie, you are one in a zillion and I couldn't have ever imagined in my wildest dreams having a daughter as incredible and wonderful as you! I love you with all my heart!

Mommy

4 comments:

shel said...

It is fun to see some updates!
Especially pictures of the babe!!
You are one busy momma now, I'm sure. I love the way you write about your kids. So tender!

Ashley said...

Ok, you should have warned me to grab a tissue. That letter to Ky was so sweet. As I was reading it, I couldn't help but think of how much she reminds me of my little Hallie. If that is what I get to look forward to Hallie being, I will be so happy. I just want to take your words and save them in a letter to Hallie. I, too, love the way you arite about your kids. You are a great mom. I am so blessed to have you as my friend.

Melinda said...

yay you are still alive!! I can't believe you have a 7 year old!! Crazy! I love the baby pics and and so happy to finally see some! I totally miss you! Hope you are doing well and surviving with 3 kids! You are such a amazing mom!

Cindy said...

Andrea, I'm so glad you are back to blogging. Your family is so cute!! Ky is so darling, Jordyn is so sad that she had to miss the big Blast Off party but I'm glad you all had a great time. I can't believe I haven't even seen your little guy, when is life going to slow down for us??? By the way, I loved your letter to Kylie. You are such a great mom and she will cherish this forever. Thanks for your great example.