Monday, November 12, 2012

January 2012

This month was huge for us. Ky turned 8 and of course got baptized. It was such an amazing day. Here are picts from both her bday and the big day.

For Ky's party she chose to have a luau themed party. I'm not the most creative person but we went to Zurchers and got all the supplies to throw the best darn Idahoan luau there ever was! (Now I'm just trying to toot my own horn but she was happy with it which is all that matters.) So what do you do for a luau type party? Well you go ice skating of course!We hit the rink for a good 90 minutes or so. At that point, Paul's back hurt from holding Sadie up the entire time and I was just plain cold.The End




I always say, "no party is complete without a pinata!"
The kids always agree!
Ella, Rachel, Birthday Girl, Ashlee and Lilli

For her actual birthday we kicked it off with a special breakfast
Then continued the celebration at Red Robin (her choice)
Delicious shakes and cupcakes
Then the fun continued at home to open the gifts
Her very own laptop
Along with our family, Papa and Grandma Nigbur, Grandma Pat, Aunt Ali, Cousin Kristen were all there to celebrate the big day.

 Ky's Baptism day was hands down one of my most favorite days ever. Having her choose to take such a special step and to be able to have all our amazing family there truly was like Heaven on earth. My favorite moment was listening to the Confirmation her Dad gave her. The entire room was transformed with the spirit and when he looked at her after they were done his eyes were filled with so much love. It's times like that I realize how blessed I am to have married my soul mate and how lucky our kids are!
4 Generations (Me, Great Grandma Stoker, Grandma Pat and Ky)
Papa Nigbur
Me, Grandma Nigbur, Great Grandma Putnam and Ky
Papa Charles and Grandma Marie


Dear Kylie,
I remember the day we put you in your 1st beautiful little white dress. What a sweet little spirit we were so blessed to have in our lives. I truly thought I would never see anything more precious. Then the day came we got to see you in your second white dress. You looked like an angel. I couldn't believe 8 whole years had flown by. There was my gorgeous little girl waiting to walk into the waters of baptism holding her Daddy's hand. Yes, I had to choke back my tears of happiness, pride and a tiny bit of sadness. You are growing up so fast. You are now accountable for everything you do and that is alot for a mommy to face. I feel like I haven't prepared you for the big scary world you are so quickly having to become a part of. In some ways I wish you were that little baby still in her blessing dress but I know that in a blink of an eye you will be putting that 3rd white dress on. So I will try and cherish every little moment I have until then. I am so proud of you Miss Kylie Kaye. You truly are a beautiful daughter of God and I know the day you chose to be baptized the Heavens were truly smiling down upon you.

No comments: