Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Life as a Mom
As you all can see, lately I have been a little lazy about updating my blog. I have just been enjoying reading everybody else's and finally decided maybe I should get off my no good you know what and post some new blogs! I labeled my post, "Life as a Mom", because this is exactly what this post is about! This is my life the last 2 weeks. The first pict is of Ky and her first purchase with her very own hard earned money. The story goes, we are at Wal-Mart. I know, it has already started off badly. To make a long story short, I hate this store. We had already spent far too much time there and we are at the tail end of almost a 2 hour shopping spree. Ky is whiiiiiiing to go see the toy aisle. I give in. She is now reapeatedly asking for me to buy her a toy. I am staying strong. Finally, it dawns on me, she has like $18 she has been saving at home for a bigger toy she had seen months ago. I explain to her if she really wants a toy, she can pick one out, but when we get home, she has to give me the $ out of her piggy bank. She says o.k and that was that. We get home, and I have to say, I felt a little guilty taking her money, but she was really great about it! No whining, in fact, she tried to help me count it to "make sure you get all your money mommy!" Anyway, I had to take a pict. because she was so proud of her first purchase and I was so proud she was so proud! These next couple of picts are of Sadie being my lil' helper. And of course by that, I mean, not letting me get anything done. Every time I open the fridge, dishwasher, etc. I hear her from where ever she is in the house, just start booking it into the kitchen. I swear, it's like her 6th sense. As cute as it is, it's also pretty annoying. None the less, I have to take picts, because I am my mother's child. She has also recently started doing what I like to call the "yoga baby" pose. I think it's hilarious! Everytime I try to catch it on camera though, she ends up stopping and crawiling over to me and I end up with a photo like this! Last but not least, I put this random pict of bubblebath on because there is a story behind it. Remember, this is my life as a mom. So, anyone who knows us, knows that we are in the midst of hunting season. Recently, I have found myself wallowing in my own pity as a hunting widow. So last week when Paul was in southern Utah on a elk hunt, one night I decided to take a bath. The girls were in bed and I said, why not? I deserve it! I got out my book, "The last lecture" by Randy Pausch, (which I highly recommend) got my cup of hot cocoa and reached for my bubble bath. My heart sank...I was all out of bubble bath! What! How can that be?! Seriously, I am the queen of products. I could open my own online store I have so many! However, I scoured my house. My hot cocoa got cold, my bath water got cold, but no bubble bath! I was determined not to let this ruin my night! I was taking a bubble bath. Then what do I find? Jackpot! O.k, not quite, but my daughter's colletion of bubble bath! I ended up re-heating my hot cocoa, running new bath water and soaking in the bliss of Tinkerbell's "Dewdrop Delight."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Thank goodness for kids BB!!
Awesome post and I love the pictures! Isn't life...wonderful!?@#$%^&*()
I loved that post! Hope you enjoyed your tinker bell bubble bath! Thanks for sharing a funny moment to cheer up my day.
So cute! I love the darling pics!
WTG Kylie on buying a toy!
Your bubble bath story was hilarious!
Love your posts! Glad Kylie's bb could come to the rescue. Personally, I can't stand baths...soaking in my own sludge. I am a freak, I know! :)
Post a Comment