Saturday, October 18, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

I am starting a new thing on my blog because the other day I was talking to a really good friend on the phone and telling her a story about Ky and she told me I need to blog about it. Also, my mom is always telling me to write down these cute and funny lil' things Ky says, so I decided to finally heed her advice. Anyway, whenever you see that title above, you know you're in for a good story about my kiddos. I have 3 really funny stories as of recent. The first begins like this. On any given day, you can walk into my house, or probably even be walking by it, and hear me yelling at Kylie. This is not something I am proud of and I am trying extremely hard to change it. Never the less, the other day, she was not listening to me at all. I finally got so frustarted with her that I said, "Are you deaf?!" I know, not my proudest moment. So, fast forward to a week later. I am picking her up at dance and she is telling me something, and I get distracted from all the other kids coming and going, and all of a sudden she yells, "Mom, are you deaf?!" Now, mind you, we are in a dance studio. Wood floors, bare walls, and everything echoes. Everybody, and I do mean everybody, came to a screeching halt. Seriously, it was so quiet I could hear crickets. I started laughing, not knowing what else to do and I am positive every mother in that room is thinking, "what did she just say?" We get out to the car and I have to explain to Kylie that we don't say that, and I made a mistake the other day by saying that, but that was not nice. I guess I need to watch what I say more...

My other story is actually very sweet. I have been going to this fitness bootcamp class at our local gym. Let me just say, as much as I need this class, I loathe this class. I have never been this sore and I have to go 3 times a week. Anyways, one morning,I am complaining and whining and complaining some more about having to go to this class. I say out loud, mainly to myself,"maybe we just won't go to the gym today, I really don't feel like it." Ky quickly pipes up, "But Mommy, if you don't go, you won't be treating your body like a temple." If that's not motivation, I don't know what is. Needless to say, we went to the gym that day.

Last but not least, I am actually already starting to laugh by just typing this. I went to visit a friend today who just had a new baby. My friend's little niece was there too and Ky has been friends with her ever since she was a baby. Anyhow,these 2 little girls play so good together and just get along fantastically. So, we are all sitting there visiting, and Ky and her friend Mia are outside. All of a sudden, Mia's mom says, "Oh my gosh, they are showing each other their butts!" No, they were not showing each other their butts, Kylie was showing Mia her butt. I look out the window and there is Ky bent over with her pants down, patting her bare butt as Mia looks on laughing!What the @#$@?! I quickly tell Ky to get inside and explain to her that we do not do that! After our little discussion, Ky and Mia head back outside and the minute the door closes, we all roar with laughter! Leave it to my kid to be flashin' everybody at age 4!

8 comments:

Fairbank Family said...

Priceless! Kids do repeat EVERYTHING we say and what the TV says! I slipped and said SH#%#$ the other day, so what did she say, infront of me and Brian?! You guessed it. Gotta be careful!

Hilary said...

oh no!! THe deaf story cracks me up!!! I guess I must always see you at your best, because I've never heard you yell at Kylie. Now me-- I'm a yeller!

Way to go YOU on the boot camp! Love that Kylie knows about bodies being temples... she is one smart cookie!

Melinda said...

I love the stories especially the deaf one:) I can totally picture you saying that and wow how embarassing...what they pick up on!! ps. Have fun at your gym classes!!

Kristin said...

She is seriously too funny!! I have been laughing so hard reading those stories!! Love it

Carmen said...

So, "a mooner" at a young age - how sweet. Just one more little way she is like her Auntie C.

Mandy said...

We knew she would be a flasher when we saw her ultrasound and she was spread eagle showing us her goodies!! HA!

shel said...

Oh, Carmen, I was going to say the same thing about her being just like you ;D

Way to go, Andi. These are the stories that you will want to remember and think you always will...but somehow they often fade.

Melinda said...

I love it!! Don't you just love it when you already know that you are not winning the Mom of the Year award but then your children have to make sure everyone else knows it too!!! Thanks for sharing!!

p.s. I have heard about that class...keep up the good work!!