Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ky is 5!

Today is my baby's birthday! How in the world does time fly by so fast?! It honestly feels like yesterday we were celebrating her 1st birthday. I am so proud of the beautiful little lady she is growing into. She has more life and love in her little 5 year old body than anyone I have ever met. I admit, there are times I wish I could push a mute button and just have some peace and quiet, but I wouldn't want her to be any other way. I love, love, love all the personality and the zest for life she has. She says the funniest things, does the funniest things, and you can't help but smile when she's around. This past weekend, we celebrated her big day by having a family party at Leo's. Her cousins from UT came, along with Papa and Grandma and the rest of my family. Here's a story that's proof of how thoughtful and loving my little girl is. At the party when she began to open her presents, she informed all her cousins that they could each take a turn opening a present. She then proceeded to let each of her cousins open a present before her! It wasn't a one time deal either, it continued just like that until all the presents had been open. I was soooo proud of her I could have cried right there in Leo's! She later told Paul and I, it was her best birthday ever! We had a LPS themed party and in case you aren't 5 year old savvy, it stands for the Littlest Pet Shop. Tonight we are taking her out to dinner to celebrate the actual birthday. When we asked her where she wanted to eat, she said McDonalds. Really? I began my quest to talk her out of it by explaining that at other restaurants they sing happy birthday and bring her a special treat. That did the trick! Am I a horrible mom for talking her out of McDonalds? I am justifying it by telling myself that she can go there any day of the week, right? Anyways, she is still trying to decide between Applebees and TGI Fridays. I will post pictures later of all the fun birthday happenings.

6 comments:

shel said...

Andi...you can change the date under "post options". Just click on edit post, choose the post, and then scroll down and click on post options. It should allow you to change the date and time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLIE!!!

Carmen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KYLIE! Your are the greatest. You always bring a smile to my face and your special spirit warms my heart. I love you!

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Kylie! Brendan was SO excited to go up there last weekend. He didn't even want to stop in Pokey for dinner!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Ky!! She's such a cutie letting all her cousins open her presents! No you're not a bad mom for trying to talk her out of McD's! I totally would've done the same exact thing!!

Cindy said...

Wow! I am so impressed with how sweet Kylie is. I can't think of many 5 year olds that would share the present opening ritual with their cousins or friends. You and Paul are great parents. I can't wait to see pictures from the fun party. Happy late B-day Kylie.

Karla said...

She is THE sweetest girl!! I love love love having her in Preschool. Happy (late) Birthday to Kylie.