Monday, February 9, 2009

Mudge's saga continues...

I took Mudge back to the Dr. on Friday for her ultrasound and her VCUG. Just to let you know, it sucked bad. Poor little thing was woke up from her nap to have to go get catheterized by a mean doctor. Luckily, the whole process only lasted an hour. Unfortunately, they did find reflux in the kidney on the left side. They also found out that she has two ureters. What? For those of you who don't really know what a ureter is, (which I really didn't so don't feel bad) it's the tube that drains from your kidney to your bladder. Each kidney has one, but Mudge has 2 on the left kidney and one on the right. The radiologist said it's not as uncommon as people may think. He wasn't too informative beyond that. He said I would have to discuss anything further with my Dr. Well, naturally, I was a tad uneasy about the two ureter thing and since my Dr. wasn't available for comment, I came home and researched it a little on the Internet. It looks to be that 1 in 150 people have it. That's actually alot of people. I finally got to talk to our regular pediatrician and he referred me to a urologist. Great. Another trip to the doctor. He says, most likely, there is nothing to get worked up about, but he would feel better if a urologist gave his opinion. Hopefully he is right. Better safe than sorry. I am just glad that Mudge has started acting like her sassy little self again. However, she has been a big pain in the you know what when it comes to sleeping at night. She seriously wakes up like every 3 hours! At first we gave her the benefit of the doubt and thought it was from her UTI, but she acts great during the day. Not ever really whiney or acting sick anymore.So I don't know.It wouldn't be bad if she would take her binkie and go back to sleep, but she refuses! We have had plenty of nights these last few weeks where she has cried for 3 hours straight! Not fun! My mom is the best though, and has come over a few times to stay the night so I can get some sleep! I constantly tell her she needs her sleep more than I do. She's smack in the middle of tax season. However, she insists and who am I to deny her time with her grand kids right? All joking aside, I am super grateful for my mom and all her help! So, stay tuned for any late breaking news on Mudge. Hopefully the next time I report it's nothing really to report!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Seriously, can this poor little baby girl get a break? I feel so bad for you guys! If you need anything let me know.

Ashley said...

Andrea, what can I say?! I really hope things start looking up for you guys. Thank heaven for moms! What would we ever do without them. Good luck with everything.

Nettie! said...

I'm sorry to hear about this trial...I pray everything will turn out just fine.

Your mother is a saint! (I have a mom like that and couldn't imagine life without her.)

Mandy said...

Well, at least I am glad that they found what was wrong! That is 3/4 of the battle! Please let me know if I can do anything! (besides sleeping over. hehe :) )

Hilary said...

I hope everything works out okay.... Poor baby. Yay for your sweet mom....