Thursday, August 20, 2009

In the blink of an eye

I remember the day we brought you home from the hospital. I remember your first smile. I remember you discovering the world for the first time as you learned to crawl. I remember your 1st birthday thinking we have all the time in the world. Now, in the blink of an eye you're off to Kindergarten. No longer will I be the one who shares most of the day with you. I won't be the one to hear your addicting little laugh all day long. I won't be there to watch your eyes light up when you learn something new. Though I'm excited for you, I wish I could stop it all for just a moment. Now I'll remember how your little chin quivered last night when you told me you'd miss me. As hard as it is to watch you go, I will be eagerly waiting in the car EVERY day to see your smiling face and hear all about your adventures.

11 comments:

Melinda said...

oh how darling! That post made me all teary eyed!! Are you serious...she is ready for kindegarten!! Wow time flies. I remember the first time she rolled over! Glad we could share those memories with you!! Hope you made it through the day and I miss ya!

Kristin said...

Sheesh! That made me get choked up! She looked so cute today:)

Carmen said...

okay - now I have to go home and put my make up on again. She has grown up too too fast!

Melinda said...

I hope she had a great first day!!!

Cindy said...

I remember the day I sent Regan off to school, I bawled my eyes out! It's tough to see your first one go but it gets a bit easier with each one. Kylie looks so stinking adorable, I'm sure she will have a great time at school though you will miss her terribly, I'm sure. BTW, thanks for making me cry, this post was a tear jerker. Anyway, hope things are going well! I send Jordy off for her first day tomorrow and I already have a lump in my throat!

Ty and Janene said...

She is so adorable. Makes me sad when they grow up to fast!!

Nettie! said...

I agree with the others...it's harder with your first - but still not "easy" with your 2nd. She's adorable...and going to the charter school?

Ty and Janene said...

K we want to see this antelope Andrea so you better post Ty erased it on his phone.

Hilary said...

so cute, Andrea! What a doll!

Kristin said...

You're too funny!!
Thanks on the picts. My mom met us at Sandy Downs and took some cute shots!
Hey...How about dinner Friday night?

Melinda said...

isn't your bday Sept 26?? I am not due till Oct. 27...I wish Sept. :) But don't think the baby will be ready by then haha I am actually going to schedule to be induced on the 20th of Oct. so like 40 more days!! Yeah!!