Really? Has it been that long? Time is so fleeting and I HATE IT! Over 730 days since the day I first laid eyes on my little angel. I have to say it was the best birthday present in the world and definately one to never be matched! Mudge has brought so much joy and laughter in our home, and I can't begin to imagine life without her. She does so many things on a daily basis to make me smile that I've started calling them Mudge-isms and because this post is all about her I have to brag and name a few.
She has turned in to quite the singer and loves to sing in the car as we are driving and will NOT let me lay her down with out singing 5 specific primary songs. I love that part of the day because it's just her and I in her dark room rocking, cuddling and singing together. Speaking of cuddling, if she is watching a show, she will pat the couch next to her and say, "Mommy, peeeaaase sit." Some days I can't resist so we sit on the couch in our same usual spot and every once in awhile she'll look up at me and say "Mommy, a kiss." So I give her a little smooch and then she'll say, "Mommy, a love." Then I give her a hug. Man, I'm going to miss those when she's older. She is also such a tease! As my Aunt Carmen says, you can actually see the little horns poking through on her head. She gets this little twinkle in her eye when she's about to do something she knows she shouldn't and then this little sly smile begins to creep across her face! As mad as it makes me sometimes I can't help but turn my head and laugh. She is a pretty content and happy little thing especially when she can play in Sissy's room. Now that Ky is in school, I will let Mudge go in there sometimes and she'll play in there FOREVER as quiet as can be. Of course, we have to clean it all up and make it look like nothing has ever been moved or Ky would not be so happy. However, the best part of her day is when we go get Sissy from school. Those 2 are the best lil' buddies and play so great together.
Anyways, I will keep the rest of the Mudge-isms to myself and tell you about the big day. Because Ali and I share her birthday, every year it turns into a weekend long party. Ali always plans a day for just the two of us to go do something fun so on Friday the 25th, Ali wanted to go to a dayspa and then rollerskating. We got massages, manicures and pedicures and then went and had a little family party at the rink. It was such a fun day-Thanks for everything MOM! I have to say, Ky and Mudge did awesome skating! They had so much fun and we pretty much had the whole rink to ourselves so it didn't matter if they went super slow or in the wrong direction. The next day, we celebrated Mudge's big 2 with an Elmo themed party. She got so many great presents and has had a blast playing with them! Thanks to everyone for such a great weekend and for all your love and support!



4 comments:
I love it!! She's so stinkin cute! Josh and I were just talking about how smart and cute your girls are the other day:)
Wow I can't believe she is 2!!! I remember when she was born and then a few months later taking cute pictures of you and Ky with Mudge in a baby carseat at the Christmas party!!!
I love those two girls...they are so sweet. Thanks for sharing the pix and the mudge-ism's
So cute! I hope you guys had a very Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment