Friday, October 16, 2009

Student Led Conference




Yesterday was our first official parent/teacher conference. Is it wierd that I was excited? The teacher said I was the only parent who has taken pictures. Yup, Paul made fun of me, but I am my mom's child. Anyway, the conference went great. When we arrived the teacher gave me a list of things that Ky was supposed to share with us. She sang the days of the week song, recited her favorite poem (hickory dickory), recited letters and their sounds, showed us the continents on a map, showed us how a grid map works and then we made a leaf mobile. Ky's teacher had nothing but good things to say about her. She said Ky is very bright and because of this she gets a little impatient sometimes waiting for the rest of the class to catch up. She is a very big helper especially in helping others become as smart as her. (my words not hers. lol ) The teacher also said Ky is a "jewel and a joy to have in class." All kidding and prideful remarks aside, Mommy and Daddy are very proud of you Ky! We love you!

7 comments:

Carmen said...

She is a true jewel. A real diamond and I love her.

Cindy said...

Not hard to believe at all! She really is a sweet & sharp little girl and I love having her at our house! I hope she and Jordyn keep doing the playdates. You and Paul can and should be very proud! (oh...I totally get excited for parent teacher conference as well)

Luke & Erica said...

Hey there, is it Andi? This is Erica from lil' cutie hair bows. I am so glad that you came by and decided to participate in my Bow of the month Club. I love your blog and you have an adorable little family. I also have an Andie, she is 8. Thanks again and I will keep in contact, Erica

Nettie! said...

She is a cutie!

I saw her with your mom, sister, Mudge and another little girl at Dixie's Diner after Audrey's baptism last Saturday!

Melinda said...

I'm so happy you took a picture! You are such parents! Glad she is loving school!

Melinda said...

yeah! I will get to see you!! We will be around all during Thanksgiving! Let me know your plans with Paul's family and we can get together whenever!! Chad works 7-4 so we could go to dinner or you could just come visit in the day which ever works best for you would be GREAT!! I am so excited!

Karla said...

I am not surprised at all that she is doing so well in school and I knew she would be the best little helper in her class. That's what she was for me for the last two year. I miss her!!!!! Give her hugs