Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Six years ago...

Six years ago, my life changed forever. Before I was a mom, I thought I knew what love was, then I held you for the first time and love was redefined.

Six years ago, I thought I knew what joy was and then I heard your giggle for the first time. That's when I felt real joy.

Six years ago, I thought I knew what stuborness and frustaration were, then you turned 2. I had never been so frustarated in my life.

I was scared to death then to be your mom and I'm scared to death now. Every day I pray for God to guide me and direct me and to "please help me not to yell today."

However, I wouldn't change one second of any of it. Well, maybe the parts where I yell all the time. But every part that has to do with your sweet little face in it, whether you're laughing or crying or pouting or whatever, I wouldn't change a moment.

If I could stop time and remember you exactly as you are today: I would rememeber a vivacious, loving, independant, funny little girl who right before my eyes is growing into a little lady. You are fascinated by all things girly but on the other hand you love getting messy and are fascinated with animals and insects. You love being active and doing things with your dad like hunting and fishing, but you also love pretending, playing dress up and doing crafts. Your favorite foods are seafood, like crab, lobster and mussels. You love anything with meat and devour the elk and deer meat daddy gets for us annually. You are the only 6 year old I know who would choose a sausage and egg sandwich over chocolate chip pancakes. All these funny little quirks make up this amazing, beautiful soul I was blessed to be entrusted with from Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that 6 years ago you came into my life! I love you Kylie Kaye!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

This is the cutest post ever! Kylie is 6? Wow! She is who she is because of the great mom and example you are to her. Happy birthday Kylie!

Karla said...

This post made me cry!! I adore that little 6 year old :)