Saturday, November 7, 2009

Oh the drama!

Since school has started, I try and get as much info about school as I can out of Ky, but most of the time all I hear is "I forget." Luckily her teacher emails the parents once a week to let us know what they are learning. I guess it's so we can have some talking points. I know I sure need them. The kid is like a vault! The few things she has told me is that she likes her teacher but she sort of has some "wierd rules." Wierd rules? She further explains the teacher makes them sit quietly, look at her when she is talking, raise their hands when asking a question...you get the picture. I asked her, "didn't Ms. Karla make you do all those things?" "Nope, she just made us wait till she was done talking then we could talk all we want." O.K. Apparently, Ms. Karla is held up on a pedestal and Mrs. McFadden still has a ways to go to get there. There are some girls in her class that are already causing some trouble. It's actually just one girl in particular and she is one manipulative little rugrat! I knew she would eventually have to deal with situations like this, I just didn't think it would be in Kindergarten. I asked her teacher if this is normal and she said unfortuanately, it is. These are the times I wish I had all boys. I dread the mean girl stage! Ky is a trooper though and is trying her hardest to not get caught up in it all. Speaking of boys she already has a little crush. His name is Miles and he is a cutie. I had to have the talk AGAIN that no boyfriends until she's 16. Paul says 25 so we'll let him deal with that. She actually doesn't like to admit she likes him, but the other day she told me Miles reminds her of Cannon (her preschool crush). Come to think of it, they are both blond haired blue eyed little flirts. I'm beginning to see a pattern here! I introduced myself to Miles' mom at the Halloween Party and she asked me who my daughter was and when I pointed Kylie out to her, she said, "Oh we hear about Kylie alllll the time at our house!" Too funny! Between the cat fights and the crushes can I just lock her in her room now?!

No comments: