Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Oh the funny things she says...

Kylie comes up with some pretty deep thoughts sometimes so I thought I would share a few heart warming stories....
The other day Kylie decided to wear this locket I bought her 2 years ago and while we were driving in the car she says to me, "Mom, could we put a K in this locket?" "Sure honey. No problem." Then she says to me, "Well, actually, how about a J." My first thought, was great, J stands for a boy's name. Apprehensively, I asked her "Why J?" She then says, "Because mom, anytime I need to remember to choose the right or I want to be happy I can open up the locket and see the J and think of Jesus."
Then a few weeks later she tells me one day that she would really like it if Heavenly Father would give her some special powers. I ask her what special powers she has in mind and she responds, "I want the power to help people believe in the church. Oh, and the power to fall asleep faster because I really hate laying in bed at night." I love this girl to pieces and the great example she is to me on a daily basis!

3 comments:

Mom said...

I love those comments; she (Kylie) is one wonderful, fantastic, girl -she truly is a deep thinker, especially for her age. I wish I were as thoughtful about choosing the right (glad "J" wasn't for Jake, Jack or whatever). You've taught her well. Love, grandma Pat

Melinda said...

how cute is that! Hope you guys are doing well. When we gonna see ya again?

Karla said...

She is such a sweet girl. I love her!!